Sunday, January 22, 2012

Coins, Coins, Coins


This week I am starting a unit on MONEY. I am so excited about teaching money... It is one of my favorites!!! I have found that Touch Money is the way to go with first graders…. If you haven’t tried this you should look into it! Click on the Coins Image to download a FREE graphic organizer that can be used to help introduce coins to your students. I give my students a bag of coins and have them work with a partner to record what they observe about each coin. After giving the students time to investigate, I found a cute little website that will review the coins on ABCya called Learning Coins. Hope this helps you introduce coins to your class :)
- Katie 

1 comments:

Literacy & Math Ideas said...

I love your new blog! I am awarding you with the Top 10 blog award. Click on my blog to find out the great things I have told others about your blog here.
http://literacymathideas.blogspot.com/2012/01/new-blogs-i-am-following.html

Click here to grab the award to post to your site.
http://bit.ly/rtHPbL

Post a Comment